On February 11, 2006, Chandra and Jimmie Johnson announced their plans to create the Jimmie Johnson Foundation. Five years and five Sprint Cup championships later, the foundation has contributed more than $4 million to organizations dedicated to assisting children, families and communities in need throughout the United States.
We have had reached many amazing milestones along the way, made possible thanks to our generous supporters like you. Our five favorite milestones include:
1. Watching 8,000 Victory Junction campers and family members experience the magic of bowling a strike at Jimmie Johnson’s Victory Lanes at Victory Junction
2. Welcoming four families as they achieved the dream of home ownership on Foundation Lane in El Cajon, CA in partnership with San Diego Habitat for Humanity
3. Selecting 37 charities (from over 4,000 nominations) to receive more than $175,000 in grants and be featured on Jimmie’s helmet through the Samsung Helmet of Hope Program
4. Winning a $100,000 Pepsi Refresh Grant to provide financial relief to pediatric bone marrow transplant patients as part of Be The Match Foundation
5. Awarding more than $1.5 million through the Jimmie Johnson Foundation/Lowe’s Toolbox for Education Champions Grants program to 40 K-12 public school projects across California, North Carolina, and Oklahoma
We invite you to join us as we celebrate our 5th Anniversary. Back by popular demand, you can purchase one of the inaugural Jimmie Johnson Foundation coins for $15.48. In addition, during the first month of the 5th Anniversary celebration, you will receive $5 off our new Jimmie Johnson Foundation Navy T-shirt, autographed Jimmie Johnson Foundation Die Casts, and the Navy Pit Cap. To purchase your commemorative coin and other foundation merchandise, click here.