Thank you for your interest in the Jimmie Johnson Foundation. Please read the following Frequently Asked Questions before completing the form, as your question may be answered.
Due to the volume of emails we receive, if your question is answered in the FAQ, we will be unable to provide a personal response.
1. What is the mission of the Jimmie Johnson Foundation?
The Jimmie Johnson Foundation is dedicated to assisting children, families and communities in need. The Foundation currently focuses on supporting K-12 public education.
2. What charities do you support?
We currently support K-12 public and charter schools in select districts in California, North Carolina and Oklahoma through the Champions Grant Program.We support the Make-A-Wish Foundation by granting wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses.
We are not accepting proposals for new partner programs at this time.
3. Do you accept sponsorship requests or proposals for funding from other schools or charities?
We do not accept unsolicited requests for funding. Please see below for JJF funding opportunities:
Champions Grant Program: If you represent a K-12 public or charter school in one of the school districts eligible for the Champions Grant program, please review the information here to determine if your project is eligible to submit a proposal.The application process is open each year, early-January through mid-May. Details are available here.
Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope Program: If your 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization supports K-12 public education, we encourage you to submit a nomination for the Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program. Details, including eligibility requirements, can be found at www.helmetofhope.org. The nomination process typically runs from early-March through mid-April.
Team Up For Technology Program: If your K-12 public or charter school is located within the United States, we encourage you to submit a nomination for the Team Up For Technology program. Details, including eligibility requirements, can be found here.The nomination process typically runs from ealry-August through early-September.
4. Do you provide grants to individuals?
Unfortunately the Foundation is unable to provide grants or funding directly to individuals or families.
5. What is Jimmie Johnson’s autograph policy?
Due to the overwhelming number of inquiries we receive, we are not able to accept autograph requests or items to be signed. We respectfully ask that you please do not send requests or items to the Jimmie Johnson Foundation or Hendrick Motorsports. Requests and/or items sent to the Jimmie Johnson Foundation or Hendrick Motorsports will be immediately returned.
Please visit Jimmie’s website at www.jimmiejohnson.com and/or Jimmie’s official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jimmiejohnson to see Jimmie’s appearance schedule where you could have a chance to meet him and potentially receive an autograph.
6. Does Jimmie Johnson endorse or make personal appearances on behalf of charities?
Due to the overwhelming number of requests we receive, Jimmie Johnson’s charitable endorsements and appearances are limited to those that benefit the Jimmie Johnson Foundation.
7. Does Jimmie Johnson grant wishes to meet children or adults with life-threatening illnesses?Yes. The Jimmie Johnson Foundation accommodates as many wish requests as possible. There are a handful of steps involved in processing the requests. Your request should be faxed to the foundation at (704) 561-3333 on letterhead from an official wish or dream granting organization. See below for a list of wish granting organizations to learn more about their eligibility requirements, application process and restrictions.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation – grants wishes to children (ages 2.5-18) with a critical illness
- The Granted Wish Foundation – grants wishes to young people (ages 5-25) with physical challenges
- The Dream Foundation – grants wishes to terminally ill adults
- Wish of a Lifetime – grants wishes to senior citizens (ages 65+)
It is important to note that, due to the logistics involved, in-person and at-track wishes are typically only granted through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
In order to grant as many wishes as possible, the Jimmie Johnson Foundation is only able to consider wish requests for individuals who have never received a wish before.
The Jimmie Johnson Foundation is not able to grant wishes for anything not directly related to Jimmie Johnson.
We are unable to coordinate meet & greet opportunities not related to wish requests. Jimmie’s public appearance schedule can be found here.
8. Does Jimmie call, write or visit individuals?
Due to the travel and sponsor demands of his schedule, Jimmie is not able to call, write or visit individuals.
Jimmie’s public appearance schedule can be found here.
9. Does the Foundation donate autographed items for charity events?
Unfortunately the Foundation is no longer able to offer an autographed item request program.
10. Does the Foundation provide race tickets or garage passes?
The Jimmie Johnson Foundation does not have access to race tickets or garage passes for any races.
11. For information about Jimmie Johnson, including racing and appearance schedules, please visit www.jimmiejohnson.com.
12. For questions pertaining to Lowe’s, please contact Lowe’s Customer Care at 1-800-445-6937 or email@example.com.
If your question is not answered in the FAQ, please use the form below to contact the Foundation or call (704) 586-2996. Note: Due to the volume of emails received, we are not able to respond to questions answered in the FAQ.
As stated above in the FAQs the Jimmie Johnson Foundation is not able to consider unsolicited requests for funding. If your request meets the eligibility requirements of one of the Foundation’s programs, please follow the instructions for that program. If your request does not meet the eligibility requirements of one of the Foundation’s programs, we will not be able to consider or respond to your request.
Bold fields are required (*)